I like lists. Here are some of my favorites of TV, Books, Film, & Music of the past year.
Top 5 TV Shows
5. Inside Amy Schumer
3. House of Cards
2. Jessica Jones
1. Parks & Recreation
Top 5 Books
5. V for Vendetta by: Alan Moore
4. The Martian by: Andy Weir
3. Silver Screen Fiend by: Patton Oswalt
2. American Sniper by Chris Kyle
1. Yes, Please by: Amy Poehler
Top 5 Albums
5. Reflection, Fifth Harmony
4. How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful, Florence & the Machine
3. Beauty Behind the Madness, The Weeknd
2. 25, Adele
1. Delirium, Ellie Goulding
Top 5 Songs
5. “What Kind of Man”- Florence & the Machine
4. “Bitch Better Have My Money”- Rihanna
3. “I Don’t Fuck With You”- Big Sean
2. “On My Mind”- Ellie Goulding
1. “Alive”- Sia
Top 5 Films
4. Jurassic World
3. American Sniper
1. Inside Out
There you have it. My pop culture highlights of 2015. Parks & Rec was the TV show that I will miss the most. Amy Poheler’s book had a lasting impacting this year. Her work on Inside Out was also awesome. Ellie Goulding continues to be my favorite artist right now but Sia’s song “Alive” left the most lasting impact for me. That song is crazy good!
Here are some things I am looking forward to in 2016
- All the superhero movies. Deadpool, X-Men: Apocalypse, Batman V. Superman, Captain America: Civil War, Suicide Squad, Doctor Strange, and possibly one or two more!
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. The teaser trailer looked awesome. I am so excited. Coming soon: my HP tattoos?
- New music from some artists that Adele scared off at the end of the year (I’m looking at you Rihanna, and Kanye!)
- Sia’s new album This Is Acting
- House of Cards season 4. I’m hooked on this show.